Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sunburst Mirrors

Tobi Farley


Harpers Bazaar

Suzanne Kasler House Beautiful

Sunburst or Starburst mirrors have been used in home decor for years, peaking in popularity in the mid twentieth century. In the last year or two, I have seen them used in room designs in all the major print and net sources. They have slowly won me over. Now I am searching for some inexpensive starburst mirrors to do a wall collage in my own home. There are frames  made from a variety of materials, though I prefer the silver and gold metals. They can work well in a variety of decorating styles, though for me they seem to epitomize Hollywood Regency, exemplifying the elegance and sparkle of the Hollywood heyday decors.
 My home is ecletic. Basically I use items I like, those that make my house feel comfortable. Maybe a Starburst is just what I need to add a little sparkle!
Decor Universe

Decor Universe




Lamps Plus

Decor Universe


1 comment:

  1. Very nice Syndi! I need help with curtains - not too long, not too short, not covering the view.... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete