Friday, December 23, 2011

Maps as wall art



Elle Decor

via Apartment Therapy
 My 13 year old daughter told me today that she wants to buy a big map to put on the wall of her newly painted room. I just recently read an article about how using maps as wall art was going to be a design trend in 2012, so I decided to do a little more research and see what designers were saying about it. I found quite a few examples of interior decorating using maps.There are all kinds of maps and they come in a wide variety of colors. Vintage maps have that old, worn, comfortable feel and work well in traditional decor while a brightly colored map would work well in a child's room. For me, maps bring back childhood memories of elementary school, where they had the big maps on a roller above the blackboard in the front of the class. I found a great tutorial on how to take a map and make it into bigger wall art, if you are interested it is on Little Birdie Secrets blog. When my daughter gets her map and puts it on her wall I will post a picture, but for now, enjoy looking at the great pictures I found for inspiration in your own home!

Elle Decor                        

via Ordinary is Boring

Elle Decor
Better Homes & Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment