Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chevron......Trend in decorating



The Chevron trend in decorating is in full swing, and many designers say that it is nearing the end. There certainly does seem to be an overload of Chevron on all the design blogs and in the stores. The Chevron pattern is what I have always called Zig Zag. Its an inverted V shaped pattern, and according to Wikipedia, the chevron occurs in early art including designs on pottery and rock carvings. Examples can be found approximately 1800 BC in archaeological recovery of pottery designs. The Chevron pattern can make a bold statement, especially when it is in bright colors or contrasting colors. Nate Berkus has a blue & white chevron rug on his tv set, which I love. I did a search and sure enough, he has Dhurries with the Chevron pattern for sale through HSN. I think If you don't want to commit to a big item (rugs or drapes) with the Chevron pattern, then accent pillows are a good way to add a little pop of chevron into your decor. I found lots of them at Etsy.com.

Houzz.com
Pieces Inc. Rogers Davies Photo
me oh my mama
Nate Berkus



No comments:

Post a Comment