Friday, January 27, 2012

Sewing Project

I love sewing, but I don't do many projects and only have an old simple singer sewing machine that's 20 years old. But that is about to change as I embark on a whole house redecoration. My daughter is turning 14 today, and for years I have been trying to get her interested in sewing. She's a talented artist and great at graphic design, but I have yet to get her near a sewing machine! She does appreciate the art of sewing, as evidenced by the fact that she has always requested that I sew her Halloween costume instead of buying one. Of course, she usually waited until the day before Halloween before making a decision on the year's design and  it had become a tradition that I stay up until 1 AM putting on the finishing details! That's one thing I am starting to miss, as she is getting into her teen years and dressing up for Halloween is no longer seen as cool by her peer group. However, we are in the process of redecorating her room (it hasn't been painted since she was 5), and I am going to have her choose fabric for new curtains and reupholstering her desk chair. I am hoping to convince her to help me sew, I will let you all know how that works out!  
         I n the meantime, I am still searching for fabric for my big living room project. I did a post a few days ago Fabric Search!  and showed you the fabric I was thinking about. Since then  have found more to add to my collection. Now it's time to make a selection of swatches to order!



 

 
                                                                               

2 comments:

  1. I love the first swatch - such pretty colors and the design is wonderful. Good luck with your sewing!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia, I like that one too. I am leaning toward colorful drapes, rather than playing it safe with a neutral.

      Delete