Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Benjamin Moore's Wedgewood Gray & Woodlawn Blue

When I posted this photo (gallery wall) last month, I got quite a few visits from people looking for pictures of  Benjamin Moore's Wedgewood Gray. I am still getting them. People like me are searching the web to see what colors look like in real rooms, in different lighting. So I am going to write posts on a regular basis featuring specific paint colors. I am hoping that people will leave comments to let other readers know their own experiences with the color. If you  painted your room the feature color, then please send me a picture and I will add it to the post and link to your site!
     
First up...Wedgwood Blue and its lighter version Woodlawn Blue. I think its interesting that BM decided to call the color gray, when it is really blue. It has gray tint in it, but so do many other BM colors that are named Blue! So look for it in the blue section of their color chart. The next color down is Woodlawn Blue. Here are pictures of WEDGEWOOD GRAY

Benjamin Moore



via Favorite Paint Colors
Harrington House
Attempts at Style

Next is WOODLAWN BLUE!



decor pad

LB Design Sketchbook

The kitchen picture below is a combination of Wedgewood Gray on the walls and Woodlawn Blue on the ceiling!
House Beautiful





House and Home




What I find interesting is that I have a hard time telling Wedgewood Gray apart from Woodlawn Blue in some of the pictures. I guess it must be the lighting. Anyway, both look great!

15 comments:

  1. We painted two bedrooms adjacent to each other wedgewood gray; one appears darker as there is less light. Though a beautiful color, we are worried that the shade is a bit too dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lighting variations really do make such a difference. I am still trying to decide on a color for my living room. I think I have found the perfect color, then I buy a sample, paint a board, look at it at different times of the day in different light. I swear in some lights it looks like a completely different color! Trying to find the perfect color is a challenge! Good luck with your project.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I published your blog post on my pinterest just 4 days ago and I've had over 300 re-pins! GREAT post! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! Pinterest is a great tool. I noticed I was getting a lot of traffic from them lately. I appreciate you pinning my post!

      Delete
  3. = ) No problem, the funny thing is we're going to be painting our interior and so I 'pinned' my top 5 choices on one of my Pinterest boards...but only for my own reference, to keep track and show my husband....to narrow it down,etc. I was astonished when less than 2 hours after my pin I got an email that 138 people had "re-pinned" that particular pin...and the emails keep coming =) I told my husband that choosing which paint color we want now is a no brainier ;) I guess that's the power of the Internet =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So which color did you choose? I am going through the same process. That's why I keep posting about blue/gray paint colors!

      Delete
    2. Wedgewood Gray! Although I'm probably going to have Lowe's color match it with Valspar, BM is so pricey! =)

      Delete
  4. I'm looking for a neutral color (Tan) to go with the Wedgewood Gray. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Frappe from BM

      Delete
    2. LOVE Frappe....not with florescent light bulbs though...

      Delete
  5. Recently painted a master bedroom and bathroom Woodlawn Blue. Two different light intensities in the rooms--- BOTH ARE GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking for a blue for a basement renovation. We will have cream cabinetry for a snack bar area and for a kids play area section of the basement. The ceilings are only 8 feet high and an area of 7 feet (because of an air duct soffit). We will also have an area of BM cloud white wainscoting. Ok so here is the question. With really no natural light and a good amount of recessed lighting (on dimmers) and the could white trim and cream cabinetry.....which blue/gray would you pick? I love Wedgewood Gray but would it be too dark in a no natural light basement? Woodlawn Blue and BS Smoke...is also on my list. We will have laminate flooring (driftwood gray/silver appearance) and an area of carpet with beige/gray and taupe tones. We want to accent with white and pewter frames with photos of our kids at the beach. So now that you have a mental image...any thoughts? When the project is complete I will try to post some pics. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We painted our room quiet moments and it looks stunning with a creamy trim. It is really light and airy. We also used wales grey in our kitchen with cream cabinets. Much darker blue but also beautiful. We are painting Woodlawn blue today in another bedroom.

      Delete
  7. Painted the kitchen with Wedgewood Gray. It is blue, green and gray as it depends on the lighting. It is so cool and refreshing and BM puts Valspar to shame. The paint is expensive for a reason. It goes on like peaches and cream and dries in a flash. We are wowed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this blue green color. I did my bathroom and bedroom in this color and I am absolutely in love with it. It goes great with black, white, grey or brown its so versatile...Yum is all I can say it looks scrumptous in my house. I want to keep going with it into my kitchen and beyond.

    ReplyDelete