Monday, January 23, 2012

Fabric search!

So I have been looking at rooms and colors, but what I really need to decide on first are the fabrics. I will be reupholstering 3 chairs (2 are wing backed). I am also going to sew drapes for 2 picture windows too. Whew, I am exhausted just thinking about all the work! Anyway, I decided to choose the fabrics first then match paint colors to the fabrics. This makes sense because it is easy to have paint color-matched to any fabric, but much harder to find fabric that will coordinate with paint color. My goal is to only buy fabric that is under $10 a yard. I will need 5 yards to do each chair. The colors I am thinking about for the living room are some shade of aqua, gray, yellow & orange. After searching online fabric stores I have come up with the following swatches. Which ones would you pick?

               #1                                                #2                                              #3


 



#4
  
#5



#6

#7


  
#8

#9



#10

#12

#11



#13
#14
Wow. I had the hardest time trying to get all the swatches to line up on the screen. After 2 hours of trying, this is the best I could do! I found these fabrics at Fabric.com and Onlinefabricstore.net. Please leave a comment and let me know which fabrics you would choose for this project! I want to order some swatches by the end of the week.













3 comments:

  1. I would do the wingbacks in #9, the side chair in #10 and the drapes (lined) in a simple grey linen. You might want to pick up pattern 10 again in accent pillows on the wing chairs. Too much information? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! I didn't even think of doing the drapes in a solid, but that makes sense. There are so many pretty choices out there, its hard to make a decision!

    ReplyDelete