Friday, March 16, 2012

Chandeliers everywhere!

    I have always loved chandeliers. Oh, and this is one of my pet peeves: It's Chandelier not Chandy! This little slang term is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me! I don't know why it stirs up such emotion, maybe because it washes away the french origins of the word and somehow makes it less elegant. Anyway, its on the list of  "trends that bug me".
    Now back to the love of chandeliers. I grew up in a house full of them. My Mom loved them and filled her house with them. We didn't live in a big house, but we had two hanging in the living room, one in the kitchen, the dining room and  the foyer. Popularity of chandeliers has ridden the trend wave through the years, and right now seems to on top of the wave again! I am seeing them everywhere...not just the traditional living rooms and dining rooms, but in bedrooms, nurseries, children's rooms, bathrooms, closets and even outdoors on porches and  hanging from trees!
     There is a new trend emerging ~ two matching chandeliers over islands in kitchens. Do you like this look or do you think its just a little too much? I'm torn on this one. I like the chandeliers, but I think this may just scream "trendy".



via Obsit.com


via Living Livlier
Here are some nursery chandeliers~

lightsonline.com

Apartment Therapy


In bathrooms~
<>
Luxury -Idea.com




Would you put one in a closet?  room-galleries.myhomeideas.com

I think Chandeliers in bedrooms are romantic!


House Beautiful

New England Fine Living

I love love love outdoor chandeliers. They are soooo romantic!

http://www.undeniablestyle.comthings-i-need-more-of-in-my-life-front-porches-fireplaces/

Better Homes Team



Brilliant Event Planning
So are you a Chandelier person or a Chandy Gal? Do you have any in your house?




No comments:

Post a Comment