Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blue & yellow living room inspiration!

     I have my color scheme for my living room narrowed down to pale blue/green, gray and yellow. I have been searching for pictures and have acquired quite a collection! I am sharing my favorite with you today, and if you arrived here by doing a goggle search for blue and yellow living rooms, I hope you will find some inspiration, too! After looking at all the different shades of aqua, blue, green, grays etc....my hubbie and I have chosen the following picture as the inspiration for our living room redesign. There are several things we love about it. Hubby loves the retro vibe achieved with the furniture and lamp. He immediately pointed out the radiator (he's an HVAC guy and is totally obsessed with heating systems and in love with radiators. I know, weird.). I love the very pale blue/green paint paired with the yellow drapes. The paint color has enough gray in it to look neutral and work with a variety of colors. I also love the chairs. We already have beautiful yellow drapes that have been sitting in a chest for a few years. I am looking forward to being able to use them again!


                                           Designer David Mitchell in Home and Design magazine

Here are some other blue & yellow living rooms that I  find inspirational.  The all exude the feeling I want in my new space!
Massucco Warner Miller Interior Design

I love the pale colors, it looks so calm and serene.



Home and Design

I love everything about this living room! This is actually part of the same room that is photographed in the first picture I posted. I didn't even realize it was the same room until I read  the story about it in Home and Design Mag and saw all the pics together! It is designed by David Mitchell.

Balancing Home


via Decor Pad
Borubudur.com

Canadian House and Home

So you can picture where I am heading with my living room decor. Pale aqua and yellow and gray,  a little bit of  a coastal influence, comfortable furniture and dark woods. I am heading to the paint store today with my chips, I will post a picture after I paint some boards.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your transformation! I LOVE the nautical inspiration photo that had the bookcases on either side of the fireplace and all the little nautical touches - gorgeous!! Are you enjoying this fantastic New England weather we're having? Such a treat for mid-March! Have a wonderful week... Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture too, Donna. Spending time outside today instead of working on projects...just too nice to be inside!
    Syndi

    ReplyDelete