Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Designing my Home Office (and winning the election!)


      I have been neglecting my poor little blog and it shows. I do have an excuse though. Remember that election last week? Well, I have news....I won! I am now a NH State Representative! That's in addition to being Vice-Chair of the School Board, Chair of a bunch of sub-committees and  Rep to the budget committee. Oh, and let's not forget my job as an Assistant Innkeeper! Whoops...I forgot to mention my husband, 3 kids and 2 dachshunds. Yup, I'm a little busy. But I do love my blog and my passion is art and design, so I refuse to give it up! I am committing myself to 2 posts a week right now. The NH House starts the next session in January, so I will just have to see how much time I can devote to blogging. Concord, the state capitol is 2 hours from my house, which means a 4 hour drive 3 days a week! Whoa..I will let you guys know how I manage (or not).
      Along with this new adventure comes an abundance of paperwork. My dining room is already overrun with all the stuff from my committee work. I would take a picture, but I can't find the charger for my camera. I am sure it is buried underneath the mountain of paper on the table! I have decided to move my office to my bedroom, so I have been spending the morning searching through pictures to get inspiration and ideas. I know I want it to be colorful..and organized...and cute. I will post pics when its done. Here are some photos to give you an idea of the things I like in a home office.

This is Erin's office. She writes one of my favorite blogs ...House of Turquoise. Love the patterns and colors. You can see more pictures of her house HERE
via digsdigs.com
  

Love the cobination of blue, yellow and orange!

 

 
 Erinn Valencinch via HGTV   This is more neutral than the other pics, but I love the restfull feeling that is achieved with the use of the neutral colors.
 
Oh so pretty! via BHG

 
The Inspired Room
I am in love with the navy blue walls and the Anthropologie curtains in this room!
                            So which office is your favorite? I like elements from all of them!                                                 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed. You are one busy lady. Congratulations on the election.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning a seat! I shall cockily tell my friends I know a NH state representative. As busy as you are, you're going to NEED that office! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's been a while now but congrats on winning the race, Syndi. Anyway, Erin's office looks wonderful. It's very chic, organized, and crafty as well. It can be a good inspiration for your plans in your office. And speaking of which, how's it going now?

    #Allan@FormulaInteriors.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allan, Thank you for commenting. It has been so long since I have posted on this blog! I absolutely love being a State Representative, but have had no time to blog about design. Our legislative session has ended for the summer and I intend to give this abandoned blog some love. I have so many projects lined up. I STILL do not have an office. Everything is piled up in my dining room and driving me crazy. I have just started to organize and will post as soon as I make some progress!

    ReplyDelete