Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Inspired by a Peacock!


One of my favorite birds is the peacock. When I was a child, my Aunt & Uncle owned a 300 acre farm and on the farm...Peacocks! Well, there were cows and pigs and chickens too, but I was in love with the peacocks. Every time we visited, we would leave with a big bouquet of feathers, which we would use to decorate our house. Funny thing, one year we visited and the peacocks were gone. My Uncle said that he heard the peacocks making noise, went out and saw them flying away over the trees. He said it was quite a sight!
I have noticed peacock colors creeping into home decor over the past few seasons. I have also noticed the explosion of peacock influenced fashion design! It is not surprising that what is trending in the fashion world influences interior design as well. Deep turquoises, Teals, Greens & Chartreuse are being seen everywhere. 

upper left: Peacock Blue- Glidden,  upper right: Caribbean Blue- Benjamin Moore,
 lower left: Tidal Teal: Sherwin Williams,  lower right: Tidal Teal: Valspar

         
                                                                                      
Young House Love



The Lennox


Designed by Markham Roberts




Even if you don't want to commit to such a deep color on your walls, you may want to try using the colors in accent pieces and accessories.

Luckett Store
Or what about these peacock chairs?

 New York Studio Dror for furniture manufacturer Cappellini

And lastly, here is fabric by Amy Butler. I am considering this for some curtains I plan to make. This is what got me thinking about peacock inspired design in the first place.


So what do you think about these peacock color inspirations?
 Would you use these in your own home decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment