Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday to Julia Child!




Arnold Newman / Getty images via Vanity Fair

Today would have been Julia Child's 100th birthday. I have been enamored by Julia since I was a little girl. My Mom and I would watch her shows on channel 2 in Boston and I was proud that Julia lived in my state. She inspired me to cook.
I have to admit that I lost touch with Julia's cooking until several years ago, when Martha Stewart featured a blogger on her show who was cooking  her way through Julia's famous book Mastering the Art of French Cooking. A few years later, the movie Julie & Julia came out, and I fell in love with Julia again. It also motivated me to look up Julie Powell's blog and the idea of someday starting my own blog was planted in my mind.

                       


















                             A replica of Julia's kitchen in the Smithsonian, Washington D.C.


  The movie also introduced me to her husband Paul Child and their love story. She was lucky in her forties to find her true love that was to last her lifetime. They seemed to have a great sense of humor and enjoy each other's company. He was supportive of all her endeavors and adventures. Who could ask for more?



Via Vanity Fair  

 I am currently reading My Life in France, written by Julia  with her nephew,  Alex Prud`homme.  I am loving this book! Her voice comes off the pages as does her love for food and all things French. Reading her own words about her life, her adventures and her love for Paul is such a treat.

PBS store

Happy Birthday 100th Birthday Julia!










No comments:

Post a Comment